Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Salvation

I was saved once. It lasted about 1 1/2 years. Then Spirit (not holy, just regular) released me from that experience. I had gained all the knowledge I was going to. There was nothing else to glean from that abyss. The darkness of ignorance also known as fundamentalism (pick a religious dogma to wrap it around, but my poison of choice was Christianity) instills fear in order to gain control. The truth could set them free, but it is not freedom they want so much as someone to tell them what to do. They want to relinquish control. Let go, let God, but don't make me think too hard, don't make me have to contemplate who and what I am . . . too much work.

The idea of salvation is an ironic and paradoxical one. Kill the infidels in order to save them from themselves. The inquisition has always bothered me. Convert or die . . . interesting choice given the idea of Christian love and compassion. What was that about love your neighbor, love god?

What was I saved for, what was I saved from? Who exactly said I was born in a state of sin? What sin? But, then, sin, repent, find salvation, and be born again. I know I am born again, and again, and again. It's called reincarnation. Jesus knew it, but then it got written out of that book of books and truth took a nose-dive. They have issues of control. The whole concept of sin, possible damnation, and the need for salvation had more to do with mortal control rather than one's immortal soul.

In Christianity, the handing of sins over to Jesus and getting forgiveness allows for all sorts of indiscretions against self and others. Why not? You can "sin," repent, and ask for forgiveness and be absolved. It's like having a perpetual get-out-of-jail card. And it alleviates the need for personal responsibility or to ask for forgiveness from the wronged party, even if that is self.

Where does the idea that everyone has sinned come from? Men and especially the men who wrote the dogma and doctrine of the church. Fear of death and ignorance of the true nature of the spirit and The Spirit, lead men to create such falsehoods---they used fear to control and profit from others. They created a fear-based scenario (fiction) so that people would want to follow them in order to gain salvation and have immortal life. (Sounds a lot like the current US administration . . . ).

Problem is, we have that anyway since our true nature, our true substance is spiritual, not physical. Physical is transient; spiritual is forever. There is no sin, there are no sinners, there is no death, there are no dead. They wrote it right even if Jesus didn't say it: love each other, love god/dess.

Namaste

No comments: