Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Starbucks Angel

Starbucks Angel

We are surrounded by angels. Although we don't see their wings, they are everywhere. There is the smiling angel who says good morning on the way to work. There are angels who hold the door for a mother with two small children and a heavy grocery bag. There is the angel who listens when no one else will; maybe that angel simply allowed someone to share a moment, maybe that angel saved a life. Then there might be an angel who shows up at an accident just in time to pull a survivor from burning wreckage. We never know which angels are of this plane and which are visiting, momentarily, from elsewhere.

I had had a very difficult day. Details are unimportant, and best forgotten. The lost details delivered me to the moment of angelic blessings.

I suddenly had a need for Paul McCartney's new cd, Memory Almost Full. Only Starbucks is carrying it, so I headed there. As I entered, I must have looked like I felt . . . exhausted, a little defeated, frustrated . . . the woman behind the counter welcomed me in a Jamaican accent that warmed my soul. I picked the cd from the rack at the counter and asked for a latte. She said, “don't worry I'll make you a special latte.” With that, she turned and worked her beverage mixing magic. I paid and she handed it to me, saying something about now I would feel better, now this was just for me. Thanking her, I turned and walked from the store.

I looked at the cup . . . this is what it said:

"In reality, hell is not such an intention of God as it is an invention of man. God is love and people are precious. Authentic truth is not so much taught or learned as it is remembered. Somewhere in your pre-incarnate consciousness you were loved absolutely because you were. Loved absolutely, and in reality, you still are! Remember who you are!" (Bishop Carlton Pearson, Author, speaker, spiritual leader and recording artist)

I was amazed at the obvious selection of this cup, and went back inside to thank the woman for this uplifting message. She shook her head and said it was just the next one in the stack . . . it was a needed miracle and the woman, Debra, was my Starbucks Angel.

Now, you see, we must become the angels. The angel who smiles and says good morning, the angel who touches someone who has not been touched in a very long time. Maybe even the angel who helps in the crisis. We each and everyone must become angels.

Namaste

No comments: